Ms. Stokes (914)457-4654 Mrs. Gooden(914)400-6302
MAY 2018 NEWSLETTER
Please Remember: Home and School meeting at OPS Tuesday, May 8, at 7:00 p.m.
Dear Parent / Guardian:
Please be reminded of the following:
1. The application form for next school year for grades 6, 7 & 8 will be sent home tomorrow. It is imperative that everyone completes the form and returns it by May 15 with a $50.00 deposit for the new school year. We cannot guarantee you an available space, as registration is done on a first come, first serve basis. If you fail to register your child, you may have to pay a late fee of $50.00(Handbook p. 21 – D). The rest of the school will receive their forms by May 30, and it should be returned by June 15. Parents are welcome to stop by the office to complete the form.
2. Tuesday, May 8, last Home and School meeting at 7:00 p.m. at OPS.
3. Our Career Day will also be on Tuesday, May 8. Please come to spend the day with us if you are available or invite someone to come and share his/her career with the students.
4. Saturday, April 12, the Senior Choir (Grades 4-8) was asked to minister in songs at the Ephesus SDA Church for “Children’s Day Celebration” in the afternoon. The children are asked to be there by 5:00 p.m. in their Choir Uniforms. Therefore, for those who have transportation problems the school bus will leave at 4:00 p.m. from Philadelphia SDA(233rd and Bronxwood) to Ephesus SDA. The Church is located at 101 West 123rd Street Harlem, NY 10027 tel. 212-662-5536.
5. Our “Historical” trip will take place on Thursday, May 17. All teachers will be going for supervision. There will be no instruction; however if you need help on that day, please call the Principal on May 14 in the morning.
6. Thursday, May 31 at 7:00 p.m., we will have a recital for the children in the Orchestra at Oakview. Please come to support the children.
7. Please note that Kindergarten graduation is scheduled for Thursday, June 7, at 9:00 a.m. Students must wear full uniform for graduation. School will dismiss at 12:30 p.m. on that day. The first part of the Grade 8 graduation will be on the same day at 6:00 p.m. sharp, and the school will be closed on Friday, June 8.
8. We appreciate and thank many of you for your up-to-date tuition payment. Some of you are behind in your payments. We are asking you to make special efforts to rectify the situation. Tuition payments help in maintaining the smooth operation of our school. All tuition must be paid in full by May 5. Students with an unpaid balance and no payment plan will not be allowed to sit the final exams.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in these matters.
J. Eric Imbert, Principal